Montag, 27. Juli 2009

Memories - History



Song: Thanks for the memories - Fall out boy
Quote: How can I be nostalgic for a world I never knew? (Graffiti on the Berlin Wall)

Berlin. My new home (hopefully). A city with history. I think it is really important to know the history. Well, I can understand the sentence, it is sometimes hard to imagine what really had happend at this times, but when you have the opportunity to get to know the history about a place, I think you should take it. Even if you "never knew the world" - there are so many memories in this town about the injustice that had happend there, so you can get a feeling for it. I, for myself, wasn't part of this world, eighter. I wasn't born back then and never got the division to see, but I am nostalgic for the world I never knew. Ok, well, I am German, but I know that there is a lot of misery out there and I think we should- wherever we are- care for the history of the place and learn from it. You can't know every misery that's going on (it's too much unfortunately!!) but when you have the chance - take it! This person that wrote the quote on the last piece of the Wall had the chance. I wonder if he had taken it. But I doubt it, although in every corner of this city the memories are quiet obvious; but the graffitis on the wall show me, that it is just a sightseeing thing:"I was here" is one of the most written sentences. This one is almost poetic in comparison. It shows me, that the author had at least thought about the Wall as an memorial. It`s a start I think. So: "Thanks for the memories, even though they weren't so great!"


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen